01-11-2016, 04:40 AM   #43
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrashFinatik View Post
It was a "PITA" for me too. All I can say is patience and some luck. I was fighting with mine for quite awhile and had to leave it. I came back to it some time later and I got it off.
The clips are at 4 spots and you have to pinch it with pliers from two sides and use a flat head to lift the other clips. This is best done when the oil pan is loose so the weight of it plus movement helps the line disconnect.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the response. So the small rectangles on the sides of the connector body with the 3 ribs on them pinch in with pliers? Then for the other clips you use a small screw driver from the underside? Is there a metal ring in the connection? I was thinking of using some penetrating oil on it. What do you think?

And your DIY was great (I know I already said this). Very informative and saved me tons of time. Much appreciated.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0