View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
omadab
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328 xDrive E92 Manual

Hit a bad pothole. Struggling to figure out what's causing wobble

Hello my BMW brothers, I am new here.
So, I live in Montreal and we have terrible road conditions. Potholes are every low-profile tire drivers worst enemy, but unfortunately we hit them sometimes. I hit a bad pothole on the left side of the car and it bent my two left rims (front worse than rear). I took it to a mechanic and he balanced all four wheels and put the worse one in the rear. While driving the car now, I get car and steering wheel wobble at ~80kph (gets worse with acceleration + 8/10 severity). So, I started to investigate a little. I decided to switch the rear wheel for a summer one and took it for another test drive. Car starts to shake at ~100kph (again worse with acceleration + 4/10 severity). I then decided to switch the front left also for a summer tire. The car now has the two left wheels with summer and two right with winter) Car still shakes at ~100 kph (gets worse with acceleration + 4/10 severity).
So, this is the first time I've dealt with something like this so I am turning to you guys for help. Mechanic says to repair the wheels and hope it goes away but I'd prefer figure out the exact problem before spending hundreds haha. What do y'all recommend I do? I am a student and don't have tons of money to drop :'(
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0