View Single Post
      11-12-2022, 01:58 PM   #837
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmahell View Post
I feel like I've exhausted this thread and still cannot get system to start update, I had zero issues pulling 1b.hex. See images for details but I believe I have CIC Navi Pro based on my VIN lookup, I have checkmark with i in bottom left corner of Nav screen, I believe I downloaded the correct map type "Road Map NA Premium 2021-1", USB properties state its "File System: FAT32", files are in the root. I plug into my glove box, turn on car and nothing, can someone please help the only other thing I can think of is to get a 32gb usb to have Windows format as FAT32 instead of third party software (I used a 4GB usb formatted to FAT32 by Windows to pull 1b.hex but after downloading maps realized that was to small)
Don't use the same USB drive without erasing the original 1b files and scripts from it!!

That will cause the unit to try to execute the script each time the USB is found and never get to the updates!

For best results reformat the drive as Fat32, load the update files to it again then insert.

Also isn't your 1b file too large???

See: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=18314028
Appreciate 0