View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #146
PGZ11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335XI

This is somewhat related to this thread as I am trying to get some e85 working!...hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with the accessport ... went to load a new map (e85 map!) and accessport got stuck trying to communicate with vehicle. So i tried to monitor live data and it says "cannot communicate with vehicle". I did update to the latest firmware just before trying this map change. Thing is, I did some logging just last week and no problems.

I did notice that the cobb cable is wobbly where it connects to OBD port when connected and if I push downward lightly on the connector the AP loses connection/power until i push it back up. However, it was the same last week when i was logging.

SO i am thinking it could be the firmware update OR the cable OR (praying it is not) the OBD port somehow got messed up. I took a pic of the OBD port if anyone can compare and see if anything looks "funny". Thanks for any advice. Yes, I posted this in the other cobb thread, just hoping for some quick help to get some e85 running this weekend.

Appreciate 0