View Single Post
      02-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #65
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

This is my experience with service on a new 335i coupe at major BMW dealership.
They broke the front driver window putting tinted film on which delayed delivery as they had to order a new window in
Had sunroof problems since Christmas (Car was delivered in November) so I had a vacation on the Sunshine Coast with no sunroof. (Anti Trap function failed)
I have had to take the car in to have the sunroof reset twice, the second time they said it needed a new part so did they order it…no!
When I took it in to have the iPod interface fitted they said due to the sunroof problem they would need to order a spare part for the sunroof before being able to do that (After they had the car for half a day)…something to do with the computer.
When I asked them why they are only ordering the part now, they said they did not know about it, then they said they would have needed the car for half a day for testing (Which I had offered when I was there) they simply just reset it.

So the news now is they have to order the part…15 days to get it from Germany.

It took me having to talk to the salesman who sold me the car (He is very good) to get any action from the service department.

The best part is I called customer relations at BMW Australia 3 times, 3 times they have said customer relations are not available and will call me back….still waiting…I guess I know where the dealership service dept. gets it responsiveness from.
This is my 3rd BMW and second from this dealership…maybe if they spent less on the coffee and more on the people one would get the service expected when you but a $130K car.

Probably my last Beemer.
Appreciate 0