quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The basic harness will have:

- 4 female RCA outputs (5V balanced signals from the OEM HU/iDrive)
- individually wired inputs to the front/rear/underseat woofers, with matching OEM wire colors and printed labels for quick identification
- OEM 12V remote turn on signal thru relay for voltage compatibility to all aftermarket amplifiers

Line output converters can be added to the harness by custom order at extra cost.

This harness function is to completely replace the OEM amp, it cannot be used to complement the OEM amp with an aftermarket amp (as in, installing a sub/amp while keeping the OEM amp). The harness also cannot be modified in any way to drive the main power or ground of any aftermarket amplifier. Amplifier main power and ground connections are still required to be made directly to the battery.
I can't even tell you how in I am for one of these! Might even make me change my plans so I can run some rear speakers since the Bit One doesn't have enough outputs for a 3-way front stage, subs, and rears (even if I do the rears passively). I guess a semi-active front and passive rears might be in order.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by quality_sound; 01-12-2010 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 0