View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #29
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Here are the pics you requested. Doesn't look pinched or have a sidwall the bulges at all.

TBH: I've been tracking with various tire sizes on an 8.5" rim for quite some time. The first set of tires I had on these wheels were a 245/35. I tracked with them for almost 3 years. I then switched to the 255/35. The only thing I noticed was a little more steering effort at slow speeds, but more front end grip. Steering response remained very sharp and quick.
I switched to R-comps on a different rim, but still 8.5". They were BFG R1 with a size of 235/40. Even though they are a narrower tire, I could feel the sidewall was higher and would allow for a bit of wiggle.
On the 335 race car pictured above, we run 265/35 BFG R1 on a 9.5" wide wheel. It's a VERY difficult fit with the Ohlins suspension. You can phycially see how far the tires are sticking out.

Believe me, I understand that you do have to be dilligent in making suggestions based on your experience. I also know that you do have a ton of experience with fitting these onto BMWs, but there is no way you could fit wheels onto every suspension combination. I have personal experience with the Ohlins vs. AST and the difference between the two is staggering. Like I said, we had to fit a 15mm wider spacer just because we changed the suspension. Our wheel was an et35.

Just trying to help out here as well. Like I said, I see your wheels at the track all the time and will be using them for my Z4 on the track as well. Sorry for the bad iPhone pic of the Z4, but you can clearly see the Apex wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0