gT-BMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i 6spd

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
cat delete

Hey guys just an update so I did the charcoal filter delete, I know i said i wasnt going to do that but i wanted to add a bpi velocity stack from one of my old n/a honda builds. I did a dyno before and after test on it yearrs ago, this lil thing added 10whp to my b18c5 swap. so i wanted to see if it will do anything. As for as i can tell, nope!! seems like a pointless mod as i thought. but i am thinking if i remove the paper filter at the track, it should do something for the top end. well find out soon enough.

So i finally deleted the 2ndary cats. But the exhaust shop i took it to tried to rip me off. When i got there the guy said NP but i have to pay cash and i said NP. The work they did was fine and good but as soon as i picked up the cats to throw it into my trunk, he said "no if i wanted to take them i have to pay a core charge for it". I said "i have to pay for my own parts? what core charge?" then he points to the shop sign any catalytic converter taken have to pay core charge. I said "I didnt know that. If i knew that i wouldnt had come here". He says "why didnt i ask?" I said "I didnt know to ask that because other exhaust shops i have been to doesnt have a problem with me taking my old cats this isnt the first car ive went catless with. but YOU knew this. and YOU didnt tell me all you told me is that you needed cash to do the job and we agreed. If you want my old parts YOU pay me I dont PAY you because this isnt a CORE charge im not replacing a cat for a cat"

So he goes on saying to pay and then call the shop owner if i wanted to old cats back. Long story short I paid the agreed amount and threw in my old cats back in my trunk. try to stop me from taking my own parts and lets see what happens.

rant over

so anyways after closer inspection, my secondary cats were clogged. I couldnt see through it. maybe because of the oil burning issues i was experiencing clogged them.

Now my car has power in every rpm pulls harder at the upper rpm range. I'm really glad i did this mod because i was getting used to the previous mods and now i have that pinned in your seat feeling again. cant wait to drive it tonight when its cooler its about 97 degree when i left the shop.

Also its not that much louder than stock, in fact it still sounds like stock with a few subtle pops but when you get on it, it does make a little noise i really like it
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Biginboca3763.50