Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 330Xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSource View Post
Hello, I am trying to figure out which battery boosters are the best for BMW's? I researched the NOCO Genius GB70 2000A booster & the Suoaki U28 2000A I've heard they're pretty good, but I'm not sure how good they are for luxury cars like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi's. Anyone have best recommendations? Also, I have a 2006 E90 330Xi N52B30
WHAT do you want to do with this booster? Do you want to be able to start a 3-Liter N52 engine if your battery dies and there's NO one around to hook jumper cables to? Do you also drive an EarthMover or something with a HUGE Diesel Engine?

If you want to keep your battery charged instead of paying MORE for a Booster ($200 & $150 for the two you show) than you would pay for a replacement H8 Battery ($120 to $130), then HFT sells a good 6-Amp battery charger for $40. If you want to be able to Start most automobiles with a dead battery, then Amazon carries what you need for $43 US:
https://www.amazon.com/LOFTEK-Portab...774&sr=8-7

"Luxury" autos use batteries made by the same sources and basic specifications as Toyota, Kias, Hyundai, etc. Since you are in CA, I would suggest reading about the effects of LOW Temperature (<0 F) on safely starting a vehicle with dead battery, frozen battery due to low charge & Ambient Temp, etc. The Devil is ALWAYS in the details, and people trying to sell a particular product are NOT going to properly cover, or educate YOU about, those details.

George
Hi George, I'm not in CA USA I'm in Toronto Canada, & we have very cold winters here. Also, where can I read about the effects of lower temperature? Plus I drive my E90 every day, & it's my daily driver. Is 2000A (Amps) powerful enough for bmw I6's V8's & V12's?
Appreciate 0