Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328XI

Garage List
VVT, ESS, ISTAP Nightmare

Summary of entire thread in this post: Post #31

Hello all!

Love this forum, have been using the threads non-stop since getting my pride and joy, my 2011 E90 328xi LCI.

BACKSTORY:
Early on, I had been attempting to use 'carly' and the like, and noticed it refused to code FRM. Automatically assuming the module to be dead , I immediately went and purchased a new FRM3 (I know, dumbass lmao)

Fast forward about 8 months, and ive never tried to swap out the FRM. So I have purchased an MST-80 voltage reg and did about a month of research here, going down a crazy rabbit hole.

So at this point, having experienced the car more, i have a few small annoyances that my local indy told me could very likely be worked out with many module updates. Figured, since I was thinking of swapping the FRM, may aswell software update the rest.

ATTEMPTS MADE:
I learned here to use INPA , and pull a complete UIF for all the ZUSB #'s i would need to enter into winkfp. (winkfp instead of IstaP due to K+Dcan, not ICOM, NO MOST based modules)

Issue #1:
When running the UIF function in inpa, after trying 10+ times, I get a different list of modules everytime. Sometimes 1 or 2, sometimes 13-14.
Is there a known reason why some of my modules would only communicate occasionally?

Issue #2:
When loading the few ZUSB i was able to retrieve into winkfp, i constantly get a 209 error (not found in config files). I believe some, or possibly even most of my vehicles parts may have been swapped at some point making my goal of tracking down each more difficult.

Issue #3:
When using RealOem with my vin # 9/10 times i get totally different part #'s then what has shown up in ista+ scan, or inpa scans.
EG. according to Real-OEM my ista+ scan (shown below) says PK77, but Real_OEM picks up my vin as PK73. Is this an issue? what am I missing here.
(copied from REALOEM - You Have Selected: 3' E90 LCI BMW 328xi. Type Code: PK73)

MATERIALS:
-BimmerGeeks K+Dcan 'expert' cable
-windows 10 with manually installed BMW TOOLS + SP DATEN from bimmergeeks
-Also tried BMW CODING V3 vmware image, with pre-installed tools and SP DATEN v55

TL;DR / GOAL:
So as all can see, Ive done tons of research and basically overloaded myself lol. I would like to update all of my modules (most software is 2006-2011) that can be done reliably with K+Dcan. And once completed, would like to swap in and code my new FRM3,That part i have many threads and videos for

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this all!

https://pasteboard.co/PY9Ke52FPy0O.png

Last edited by l8nit3; 06-04-2022 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: More descriptive title of the actual issue
Appreciate 0