dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8nit3 View Post

Issue #1:
When running the UIF function in inpa, after trying 10+ times, I get a different list of modules everytime. Sometimes 1 or 2, sometimes 13-14.
Is there a known reason why some of my modules would only communicate occasionally?

Issue #2:
When loading the few ZUSB i was able to retrieve into winkfp, i constantly get a 209 error (not found in config files). I believe some, or possibly even most of my vehicles parts may have been swapped at some point making my goal of tracking down each more difficult.

Issue #3:
When using RealOem with my vin # 9/10 times i get totally different part #'s then what has shown up in ista+ scan, or inpa scans.
EG. according to Real-OEM my ista+ scan (shown below) says PK77, but Real_OEM picks up my vin as PK73. Is this an issue? what am I missing here.
(copied from REALOEM - You Have Selected: 3' E90 LCI BMW 328xi. Type Code: PK73)
"Fehler 209" likely results from a communication error but "209" is not the definitive part of the report. There should be other entries in the box below "COAPI Fehlereintrage". Post them.

The fact that you have errors in both INPA and WinKFP strongly suggests the problem does not stem from WinKFP (or INPA) configuration. And FWIW, most if not all of the parameters you listed are generally not very important - WinKFP will work no matter how you set them. That said, check "fast baud rate". Tracelevel sets the level of detail for a log of the steps the program takes during operation. It is completely unimportant in your case.

VERY commonly this sort of error results from a failure to set the "latency" to 1ms. . If you haven't checked this, do so. Briefly; plug the KCAN cable into your laptop then open Device Manager->Ports (COM&LPT) -> USB serial port -> Port settings -> Advanced -Latency Timer (msec)

Keep in mind that some windows installations randomly reset this parameter to 16ms. The first thing to do when experiencing communication errors like this is to check latency.

It could also be due to errors in EDIABAS setup. Make sure that you have the correct interface listed in "Ediabas.ini" i.e. "STD:ODB"

Last edited by dpaul; 05-20-2022 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
l8nit38.50