03-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
iaknown
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdeezy View Post
Hey guys,
I have been dealing with a wastegate that does not open for some time now.
The car has new pressure converters a new euv and new silicone hoses from BMW.

The car boosts up to 44 PSI every time on my p3 digital gauge and snow psi gauge

It has Jerek stage 2.5, intercooler, meth, stock turbos

I finally got a buddy to pull the downpipe and check the waste gate manually and it takes 25hg for it to move. I am guessing that the vacuum pump should pull 25hg and the pressure converters when energized should let that much HG through. Therefore moving the waste gate open and eliminating boost.

My question is what HG should be seen at the waste gate under boost and what is the cracking pressure it takes to get a waste gate open? I know there are several other threads regarding this system. But nothing I can find is similar to this.

Car has no CEL or no other driving issues whatsoever. Fuel mileage is good, 80K on the odometer, the switchover valve works fine.

I am thinking to check for tiny leaks.

Overall this is a very confusing ordeal. Thanks for the help in advance
I am thinking that sounds about normal. When I had overboost issues I remember checking the WG with a hand vacuum pump, and it only goes to 30. That being said, did you put a gauge before the pressure converter and make sure the vacuum pump is making enough vacuum while running?

Also, where are your digital gauge and Snow gauge tied in?
Appreciate 0