View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
messi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i MSport Coupe 6AT

BMW performance exhaust review.. yes another one

so i bought a brand new exhaust off a fellow forum member. Let me tell you one thing. If you are having any doubts about this exhaust after listening to it on youtube, i can understand why. This sounds nothing like it does on youtube. Absolutely and completely different. I have nothing on but the BMW PE stock DP's etc. For those who were luck to hear what the old Skyline R34's twin turbos with exhaust systems sounded like, this sounds the exact way. Deep menacing and totally factory. Its completely mild when cruising. In fact, it makes me miss having a manual car to really hear it and control when i hear it. In regular mode, the cars goes through the gears so fast. I have one problem and that is that i live in a tropics where the avg temp all year round is 30-35 degrees celcius so driving with windows down is not really an option unless you like feeling hot. You definitely hear it a lot more with windows down. You do get to hear it with the windows up. and strangely, it does feel more free flowing. Do yourself a favour. Find someone with it and take a ride along and make your decision. I dont know how any other exhaust sounds on a 335i but I can tell you that this definitely gives the car a far sportier personality and sound. Between 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm is music - symphony. Not sure how bmw engineered the sound to be so different from stock as the stock muffler as I understand it flows straight through as well.