View Single Post
      01-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #43
socotra123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i; 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkasson View Post
Yes, it's covered. Your dealer might not be aware of the warranty so you might have some trouble getting them to cover it, but it is covered.
I believe this is wrong. The SULEV extended warranties are specific to State regulations, so when they are registered in a non-SULEV state, the extended SULEV warranties no longer apply. Previously, BMW SULEV warranty was a big confusing using the term "and/or". For example, "sold, leased, and/or registered in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York or Vermont." So, I believe some folks were able to get parts covered under the SULEV warranty.

However, in more recent SULEV warranties (I believe in 2011), BMW has very much changed the wording to, "(SULEV) Limited Warranty applies to all U.S.-specification BMW vehicles registered in California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington." So, you can see that the wording has very much changed to a straightforward state registration requirement.
Appreciate 0