View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedychuck2 View Post
Thanks for the input so far- I will start off by pulling the plugs when I'm next home to see if I have any more signs of leaky injectors. My #5 injector went bad in spectacular fashion getting stuck wide open. The car wouldn't even run. Though I turned it off pretty fast so as not to wash the bore. When I took the plugs out and fired up the lpfp, I could see the fuel being thrown into the cylinder without even having the ignition on! Perhaps another is on it's way bad.

The car has just turned over to 62k miles, so it's not what I would say huge mileage, but to my knowledge it has never had a walnut blast. There aren't that many places that do it in the UK, especially not near me, but I definitely think the car would benefit from it. Is it possible something like a leaking PCV could cause a hesitation issue? Fitting an uprated one is on my list of mods along with OCC, but I want the car running right first of all.

The hesitation isn't really a jerk, more of a slight oscillation but as said, it's only under very light load. As soon as I apply more throttle, the car drives absolutely fine. The issue was still present when I was running stage 1+ but I've only noticed it since going over to version 7 maps. I'm going to do my clutch when I get home so will probably flash back to stock when I'm bedding in, so maybe I can tell more from that.
I think we have the same exact symptoms.

I have a very very subtle oscillation on the highway. Particularly around the 60-70 MPH... very very light throttle.

Replaced:
6 Plugs
6 Injectors
6 Coils
Valve Cover / Gasket
Upgraded PCV Valve
All Vac Lines

Aside from being in the tune. The only things that are left for me are Boost solenoids, o2 sensors and walnut blasting.

I've already inspected my intake vales (50K miles) and there actually decent - not clean but decent. I've seen far worse at my mileage. I'm still leaning towards the tune but I may be able to clean it up with the above mentioned.

Right now, I don't think there is a need to spend money blindly trying to fix it. I've talked to Wedge and he think it might be 02's, although my AFR, STFT and everything else appear normal.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 03-21-2017 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0