09-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #11
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
I think you could get away with 265/30 without needing to roll the fenders. I'm rocking spacers on my factory wheels to flush them closer to the fender.

I was opposed to fender rolling at first myself, but after investing almost $4k in suspension, wheels and tires, I couldn't get the fitment I wanted without rubbing so I went ahead and did it. It was much more innocent than I imagined with no noticeable change on the surface. The inside of the fender has a stupid lip that just gets pressed in to buy yourself that extra few mm where it counts. In my opinion, it's not possible to achieve good fitment without rolling this inner fender lip in. I will definitely be rolling the fenders on my iS when the time comes, stay tuned for Spring '19!

This is the fitment I'm referring to, although these are 18" on a pre-LCI. A few more pics available
View post on imgur.com

Hmm it's just, I don't to pay someone or get the tool and do it.

As for you 4K suspension mods, was it in regards to like lowering the car and all that? My car is completely stock suspension wise.

And wooow, that still looks really good with 18s. I guess that car is lowered? Or you can compensate for 19s by getting wider tire?
Appreciate 0