View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 02:45 AM   #104
Algold415
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW X5 35d & '10 BMW 335d

Hey all,

I am having some issues with my 2010 X5 35d, just found this expert vacuum thread and thought that you guys might be able to shed some light on my issues. After diagnosing different components, I'm reaching a conclusion that I have some kind of vacuum issue that's affecting the vehicle's idle.

1. From a complete stop I floor the throttle, engine doesn't react but slowly strugges, revving(shuddering) until just past 2000rpms. Then there's an audible 'click' from an engine bay, almost like a metal flap was suddenly opened or closed. As soon as the 'click' happens, the car takes off like it should normally if you were to floor the gas pedal.

2. If I start the car, pressing the brake with my left foot and holding it, try to rev the engine with my right foot, the revs slowly climb until 2000 rpms, then going past seems to rev up normally(almost like the brake booster vacuum is preventing normal airflow under 2000rpms).

I just ordered a vacuum line smoke tester and hand pump, and will try to follow some of the checks in the beginning of the thread. If anybody had similar symptoms with their 335d or 35d, please let me know. I am not sure where to look at this point. Here's my original thread:

https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...misfire-2.html

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0