View Single Post
      02-28-2022, 10:01 PM   #82
TexasN54
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Mike, I have read a lot of your posts and enjoy the expertise and the fact that Extreme carries several brands of intercoolers. I just bought a 2013 335is with plans to go JB4 with DCI, upgraded charge pipe and high flow catted down pipes. I will stick with pushing stock turbos to maybe 18psi and when they fail will upgrade but not push much further in favor of turbo/engine longevity. This is not a daily driver but also not a racer. It's a 'vert that my wife will prefer to drive on a lower boost map while I will push a higher map occasionally for some fun. If I was in a cooler climate, I'm sure a 5" FIMC would be fine. But I'm in Texas and as a 'vert I drive it the most in spring and summer. I don't want the wife to have a lot of lag at her lower PSI with a 7+" FIMC but worry some about heat sink for me on a 5". I've gotten all kinds of suggestions from manufacturer specific sellers. I was looking at the CSF 5.5" stepped intercooler as possibly something in-between. I would appreciate your thoughts. Is the CSF 5.5" a decent step up from most 5" stepped FIMCs or is there another option I should consider?
Appreciate 0