02-14-2023, 08:11 PM   #31
casdm9901
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Thought I'd give my two cents as I have a e90 x drive for 6 years now. It's been my daily.
The x drive is great. I am stage 2+ fbo. Without xdrive, there is no way I'd be able to to put full power down for the first couple of gears, it's a rocker off the line once the turbos spool. It does not feel heavy with the extra weight of x drive. I am lowered on ST coilovers for 6 years as well. The car is low and i drive it all winter in Canada.
For summer I run 235 35 r19 fronts and 275,30 r19 in the rears. Feels super stable at high speeds as well.

My negatives: yes the steering rack is slower than I would like but nothing you can do about it. A rwd model rack will not fit.
Oil pan gasket is a big job to replace, mine has a slow leak and i will just let it be until it gets worse.
The front suspension is also a bit harsher on bumps vs a rwd model due to the extra weight of x drive up front.

I have not tried x-delete yet but I might soon. Not to turn of x drive but to send more power to the rear vs the front, they have some nice preset modes. Any questions feel free to ask.
Thank you for the feedback and it looks great for such a harsh environment!
Appreciate 0