Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
You're absolutely right actually, replacing 1 shock is really not the done thing but what are the implications IF I did only chose to buy the one for now (since price IS a factor).

Sam
I'm guessing that the history of the kit you bought is unknown,so you don't really have any idea what sort of mileage the kit did prior to you buying it.

Most items on a car are subject to wear and tear,suspension is one of those components that suffers more than most.
There will always be an imbalance on the axle where one damper is far newer than the other,so you might find that to get the balance right,you'll need to adjust one damper to suit the other,which might prove impossible.

I realise money is indeed a factor,but a call to BC may well be best,as they might be able to overhaul both shocks at the same time,avoiding replacing with new.

Bilstein do a overhaul service,for an idea of cost,they charge £80.00 per shock + the return postage.

PS: You have an email

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0