04-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #43
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
And the Internet is making people think that rightfully. Lots of vendors here sell remote coding services for example, including Patrys here, but anyone with $100 for a cable, the necessary time, and a desire to learn can find everything they need to do all of that coding themselves at ********* dot com. That doesn't mean these remote coders aren't providing a valuable service -- those who don't want to purchase the necessary cable, don't want to risk bricking their car, or can't be bothered to expend the necessary time and effort might prefer to pay someone else, and that's fine and perfectly understandable.

I think the same applies here, specifically that plenty of people would still be interested in paying for this mod even with the technical details exposed because several people fall into at least one of the camps I just described. I for one am turned OFF of this mod because of the lack of information; I don't like the idea of someone putting unknown parts in an unknown implementation into my car.

Patrys' "actual business" as you put it could be simply selling the installation service and know-how for those who don't want to find out how to do it and install it themselves, and I think that would be very lucrative. Businesses that rely on keeping tight lips tend not to have their business last very long because of the Internet and the fact that there are a lot of smart people out there who will figure out whatever you did or simply pay you to do it and then reverse engineer your solution. That happened with Video-in-Motion. People charged hundreds or more for that and now it's out in the open.
You have right to have your own opinion and I am not going to discuss it with you. I simply respect it.

All I ask you and others having similar opinion to respect our right not to post any technical details just yet.

If I say all parts are OEM this should be enough for most people to make a decision if they want to get it or not.
Also this is not a commercial thread, but its purpose is purely informative like many others in this section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I'd have to agree with jphughan. Being within the Technical subforum implies there is some sort of technical information being discussed/shared about the systems, and not an indirect sales pitch. An example of a technical session would be like we displayed with the LCI retrofits last summer:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386825

It's great that these retrofits are made available to the public. But if this is simply a product announcement with no information being shared, with the sole intention of selling retrofit kits - this should be in the Sponsor's section as per the forums' TOS.
You should be the last person to judge me.
You posted so much false info on my services before and now trying to teach me what I should do and what I shouldn't do by putting yourself as an example.

So what's that?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500107

A very technical post indeed...
You can find many similar examples from other vendors too.

You are asking me to post info that part of my business is based on.
Why don't you post where you buy the LCI tail lights and let people place a group order from your source rather than from you or give any other info away that is fundamental for your business.

It's so easy to judge people around...

The purpose of this thread is to let people know that something everybody thought would not be possible is in fact possible.

Give me a break please. Thanks!
Appreciate 0