06-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #2365
sunny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo74 View Post
I bought my 2007 e90 CPO in 2010 with 30,000 miles on it. Right away I noticed the ticking noise coming from the engine. I addressed it several times at my local dealership here in Michigan and was told everything from, "we can't reproduce the issue" to "that's normal when you first start the car". I brought this up to the service department no fewer than 4 times over the last 3 years. I went in today as my CPO warranty is about to expire armed with several posts from this forum, parts lists of what others have had replaced, and a print out of the service bulletin... What do you know, the service adviser didn't even look at it, just wrote up the service order. Just got a call from them 2 hours after dropping the car off and valve lifters are being replaced under the CPO warranty! My cost... $50.

Don't give up guys, stay on the dealership and the service department, this is a known issue!

Vigo74,
for most people including me the ticking noise came back even after replacing lifters. after my dealer replaced the head and for last 2 years I've not heard the ticking noise.
because you reported ticking noise before, if it returns, the dealer usually will replace the head for free. just be ready.
Appreciate 0