View Single Post
      10-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
335dwanted
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
But, why do you think that your sensor is dead?

Attachment 1510456
Thanks for the picture Yozh. As for why I am replacing; using DWR's custom PIDs in Torque I monitor DPF Differential pressure and that "gauge" will frequently "peg" to maximum value of 95 PSI for a few seconds. While my car always did this pegging thing (I have been using DWR's Torque PIDS since he first published them - thanks again to DWR), it was much more infrequent 6 months ago. It might have done it when cold but then would stop once engine was heated up. Now it does it fairly constantly. Currently I might be able to go two or three minutes before max value on the gauge is at 95 after resetting max while driving while before I could go half an hour without seeing 95 recorded as max. Coincident with this increased pegging frequency I have seen a precipitous drop in DPF regen frequency; I used to see about 275 miles fairly typically and now I am lucky to see 170 miles and often around 100 miles.

Not sure the DPF Differential is the problem, but it was cheap enough to give it a shot (so long as I can actually get it installed!).

I will unbolt the vacuum block next time I try and see if that gives me enough freedom. I was hoping someone would confirm working from underneath; at 6'4" and 275 pounds, my arms are a lot longer than my hands are small/dainty.
Appreciate 0