Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
My view in this is a bit weird.

I have a school run to do every day, and I see too much. I see the kids who can't afford food and get it from the school eating pizza for breakfast, and I see the idiot kids throwing away their vegetables, since they are not good.

Then I look at the mothers. You can pretty much predict what will become of the kid by looking at the primary food chooser of the family. Also, the phrase "I don't cook" makes me boiling mad. Apparently here it's a thing of pride to tell the world you can afford eating out or getting takeaway for every meal, and don't get me wrong, I could easily do that too. Here is the reason why I don't.

Every day after exhausting themselves in the park, where I do not follow them around, they get to take their own risks, boys and I go to the fridge and think of what we can come up with. They help me cut the stuff in pieces, they get to name the food (last week we had dinosaur with tarantula eggs) we talk during preparation, they learn how things taste, what goes with what, and every time we end up with a healthy meal and we have had time to talk about anything.

They have a type two diabetes running in their genes, but also I think healthy meal with actual, not manufactured flavors will make them appreciate the time spend together while preparing and the memories will probably keep them healthier.

Now, what I see in the parks is people stuffing snacks into the kids, chocolate being the main vegetable, and then the parents complain that the kid does not eat dinner or what ever. The amount of sugar and fats that are stuffed into the poor kids while they are supposed to be getting the needed exercise is disgusting and I can not understand why anyone would take anything else than water there.

Worst for me is that it's us mothers that are to blame in this. I'm stuck listening a rerun of last afternoons Doctor Phill and how they think their new hairstyle is making them look thinner, while they stuff candy up in their faces and the kids too.

Come on, get your fat assess moving, and for once think about what the future of the kids will be! we ruin them from the start, and nutrition is the key to fucking up.

I may have a few opinions about this... Sorry
What's bold, is the single most important bit in here when it comes to teaching kids healthy eating habits. There has been countless studies done on ways to get kids to not only eat healthy foods, but how to ENJOY eating healthy foods. If you get them involved in the preparations and actually making the meal, they are 20 times more likely to try new things and appreciate the final product from the work they put in.
Appreciate 0