11-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerryliu View Post
full stiff!!!! to my knowledge, the maximum spring rate the koni yellow rear shock can handle is 600. so i honestly suggest full stiff.
The rear damper does not care about spring rate directly. It is the suspension frequency the damper is looking at. Going from 550 to 800 lb/in spring is not a huge change in suspension frequency. You are more likely to change the front damper valving. I think a few vendor or such don’t have a clue when they say the rear damper need to be reveled based on spring rate….best to let these folk lore tales die and get the real facts.

As for damper settings, most people are running far too much rear rebound dampening and no near enough front rebound dampening. One needs to get front and rear pitching under control or ride quality will be unacceptable no matter what spring rate one runs. I would start at 25% near soft on the rear damper and then adjust just the front damper until pitch control is good. Scale the setting up front and rear until the desired feel is achieved.
Appreciate 2
tlow982185.00
tsk941522.00