View Single Post
      04-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #73
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stil View Post
Guys, I really hate to do this, but I won't be able to make the Dyno day. My car got hit yesterday while going to work .

A blue Volvo ran through a stop sign while we were driving through the street at a T intesection and slammed into the front passenger side wheel well. The car was spun around and I sprained my wrist on the steering wheel.

Airbags deployed and at least my wife and I are safe for the most part. Luckily we were able to walk away from this. The volvo driver was also safe, which is good, but she appeared to be limping a little.

Unfortunately, the car is missing the front right corner side. The front wheel was pushed into the engine bay and it looks like the engine is toast. I wasn't able to check out the rest of it as we were taken to the hospital to be checked out.

We are both kind of shocked still and I am now feeling like getting a larger car, as much as I enjoyed the 335. Maybe the 535, who knows. Anyways, I'm really sorry I won't be able to make it and will most likely not be owning a 3 series after this as well.

Nothing wrong with the car as evidenced by us being able to walk away from this kind of accident, but my wife is kind of traumatized by the experience and doesn't want to sit in that small of a vehicle for the time being.

That also means I will have to cancel my Procede order as well. I hope there's a refund policy.

Anyways, thanks for the great community here. I have learned a lot about the cars and really enjoyed the intelligent discussions here, even though I lurked through most of it. :P
stil - wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. I glad both you and your wife are ok. There's no reason to apologize for missing the procede install. You have one helluva reason. I have no doubt that in this situation vishnu will take care of you. I hope after a little time you guys won't give up on the 335, but it's understandable if you do. Glad your both safe, good luck, and will take some pics!
Appreciate 0