View Single Post
      12-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #50
smaccona
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
Good completeness for sure, that helps. It totally sounds like you have a bunk Y cable, mind posting a picture of it?

EDIT: sorry, you said you got it from the dealer. Better questions: does bluetooth (handsfree) work in your car with either phone? Does USB work with a thumbdrive? Does the phone charge plugged into the Y cable? (You probably need to test this at both like 85-90% battery and 50% battery, it'll work at one and not the other.)
Bluetooth works with all 3 phones for phone functionality only (not music). I can answer and make calls, though I haven't really played with the BMW interface for dialing, I just dialed on the iPhone.

The phones all display the charging icon when plugged into the Y cable (they charge slowly, but I understand from other posts that this is expected). When I plug an iOS7 phone in, I get a message on the phone asking whether to "trust the computer" (paraphrasing from memory), so a connection is being made.

I haven't tried a USB thumb drive yet - I take it dumping a few MP3s onto a FAT32-formatted device should be OK to test?
Appreciate 0