CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
Installed my new radiator adjustment valve and finally refilled my damn cooling system.

This thing. Fuck this thing. It's one of the worst designs I've ever seen. You can break it just by trying to undo the blue radiator drain valve, and your car can lose all its coolant unexpectedly. No dealer around me had one. I ended up finding one from a local seller by sheer luck.

It's so ridiculously fragile that I can't believe it didn't break itself already. I'm never undoing that valve again without a spare sleeve handy. Installing it again is really scary, too. It has to turn until it hits a stop and snap into place, but before that happens, it has some resistance.

Agreed. All of the dealers around me looked at me like I was stupid when I was looking for one.

To be fair, the drain on my Cherokee's stock radiator is connected to a plastic elbow on the radiator. When you try to drain it, the whole elbow snaps off, so you have to replace the whole radiator. I replaced it with an all metal one for off-road use. Probably the only design dumber than the BMW one.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0