Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoepurrr View Post
I was having the same issue and was looking to narrow down my problem to either the camera, emulator, wiring, or coding.

I ended up plugging an old camcorder into the yellow RCA input plug and was able to receive a video signal, therefore concluding that my camera was the issue.

I have ordered a replacement camera. Will update with results.

EDIT:
Replaced camera today and received the same results. Connected the camera directly to 12v on battery and received video signal. Is my emulator bad? Possibly incorrect wiring from emulator to quad lock harness?

Emulator seems to be functioning correctly as iDrive switches into reverse camera when putting the gear selector into reverse which makes me believe the wiring is correct.
I am at the same point as you. Replacement camera has arrived and still won't display on cic screen. What is frustrating is I can get my dash cam to display on the CIC via the same input but not either of the backup cameras. I just tested the new camera on my X5 CIC and it displays there so that tells me it may be something related to coding. My next test will be to remove the "top view active" and see if that helps. If that does not work I will try the other inputs and wert settings. I tried to compare the config files but there are to many differences between an E70 and E90 plus the CIC are on different software updates. The E90 is on the latest version.
I believe the issue is with the white/12v trigger wire from the emulator. I tested the camera by connecting the 12v wire from the camera
directly into the battery and the camera functioned as it should.

I'll be removing the quad lock harness and double checking all wiring. If the problem still persists, I'll probably just use a relay to trigger the camera.
Appreciate 0