Rep
Drives: CL55 AMG

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2016 BMW 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Also I forgot to add:

Your Stock CIC will still be sending the signal to your amp... similar to having a tablet hardwired to your AUX in... You select AUX on your stereo and now whatever is running on the AVIN is fed to the system.

Because of how this works, the phone is kinda funky on the AVIN. Lets say you are listening to terrestrial radio with the stock radio (The AVIN's FM tuner is pretty weak) but the AVIN is on, if the phone rings, it doesn't interrupt the music and allow you to take the call... you need to switch over to the AUX and accept the call on the AVIN... its very wonky.
Yeah lol its prob not the best system and would be much smoother if I go with the better methods you guys mentioned but learning the code wont be over night for me maybe I can find someone locally that can help out then I would be down to just use the method you said but if its just plug and play to have google maps and waze there its better for me I always find my self looking down at my phone or it just falls out the stand when doing some you know "mini pulls"
Appreciate 0