View Single Post
      05-15-2022, 10:56 AM   #34
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Well, it doesn't get used on new cars under the BMW Maintenance Program Extension because that covers pads and rotors. But I do see it being used usually once a day. It's on a cart on wheels and moves from one shop to the other. Our techs (maybe a dozen of them—depending on departures and Covid) are in two different buildings. Our SHP Inspection officers are tough on rust on brake rotors. The code is a bit vague and we'll often fail a car and the customer will immediately take it to another inspection station that laughs at us and then passes the car, but our State Police Inspection Officer has always agreed with our decision when asked by a customer to question our failing their car. The machining is often a less-expensive way to comply with the inspection code.
I can believe that. If it is pretty, it will pass.
Thanks for your follow up!

Just wanted to add, it seems to have nothing to do with functionality but to appease the troll under the bridge.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 1
Ennoch2257.00