01-03-2022, 09:41 AM   #204
coz_mo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm View Post
As original owner of my 2009 335d and fearing CBU for years, after 207,000 kms/128,000 miles, mine had yet to experience CBU related check engine codes or significant mileage drop. In recently removing the intake manifold to replace the glow plug controller, I got my first glimpse of the “as is" condition......see pics..

While there is less carbon than expected and it's tempting to just re-install the intake manifold, my maintenance background makes me sympathetic to get the walnut blasting done while things are accessible. Can any members in the GTA area recommend an independent garage in the west Toronto to Hamilton area that perform this service and are familiar with our M57 engine?
Alternatively, though not a venture that is on my “bucket list”, with the great trailblazing work documented by various others on this awesome forum, I could probably muster the courage to take this on myself. Are there any members in the GTA area who own and would rent out the special tools, (wands, vacuum adaptors, engine turning tool) that are needed for this work?
Stay safe!
Did you ever find anyone for walnut blasting? I'm also in Toronto.
Appreciate 0