05-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Hey Andrew,

I was waiting for this post, i too know what its like to have those comments and its not nice especially when you are trying to enjoy something that you work hard for.

I think you have done the right thing though, i don't think you and public transport would get on and having 3 cars is just silly when one of them is sitting on the drive costing you a small fortune.

So what now?? A 991 is a scratch you might need to itch but again will you get greif for driving that?? How about a new Cayman S, very good looking car and drives better that the 911.. Or perhaps a an f type?

I am sure it wont take you long to find something else :-)

How did you do on the sls??
Believe me Scott, I have questioned this consistently for about 4 weeks now - I'm so glad to have someone confirm I'm not mad by not wanting to keep the SLS locked up for most of the time! It's just too much money to have depreciating away without me actually enjoying that 'cost'.

Of course, a 991 is a definite future purchase but going from nearly 600hp down to 400hp (for a current 911 C2/4S), I would miss the feeling of thrust immediately. Yes, I know it has other attributes but I know how I use my cars (with a lot of time sat on the motorway and doing long journeys) so that GT ability, refinement and need for 'thrust' (if you know what I mean?) is more important than the ability to be fun on that elusive B-road blast. So, I think my 991 is the new Turbo and thats at least 18 months away before they're in my league! And oddly, 911's don't seem to attract quite the same kind of 'appropriateness' issues that the SLS does....yes, it's seen as an expensive car so does to some extent but, for some reason, with the SLS people think I've got a £250k+ car (and then question accordingly!)

How have I done on the SLS? Well, not tooooo bad....percentage wise. But it's still cost the best part of £1,500/month in depreciation (plus the gearbox upgrade, which has made getting a decent price that touch easier, as expected). Problem is, at this level a few small percent is still large sums of physical pounds!
Appreciate 0