View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 11:22 PM   #7
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335ie93 View Post
... I was wondering if you had any knowledge on what wire L1-L4 means in terms of transmission. In inpa it states that wire L3 is off
I have the GM6 AT, GS1912 EGS in my 328xi, and do NOT have such a screen in INPA for that GS1912 Module. I would suggest check the GS19B Main Menu, or F5 Status Menu (presuming what you posted is a Status Screen), for the TITLE of that screen. It appears to have something to do with digital Gear Selector Position.

BTW, please check the Last-7 VIN you posted, as "7X50226" doesn't compute.

ISTA Transmission Wiring diagram shows 4 wires (P,R,N,D) for the Selector Lever Position Switch (in addition to Ground wire). There ARE INPA Screens in EGS Module, that show gear selected as Live data, found in EGS > F5 Status. Also, if the Black/Yellow wire at X1599/3 (Reverse Signal wire) were NOT connected or functioning, you probably would NOT see "R" on the Lower Instrument Cluster display when Reverse is selected.

Don't be afraid to experiment with viewing different INPA Screens, at least F5 Status Screens, as those ONLY show you Live data as INPUT to the EGS Module, and you are "Just Looking" & can't hurt anything. Please let us know what you find.
George
Appreciate 0