View Single Post
      02-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
AlpineG30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530I

Overheating? Dreaded Water Pump???

Hey all,

Today has been quite the day of issues for me. Once I left work my car locked the steering wheel and refused to start, I had to disconnect the battery let it sit, reconnect, and have a friend of mine jump my car. Once we finally got it I drove home and now I have an overheating message. I let the car sit for a little while then checked the coolant level which was a little low and topped it off. I tried driving it around lightly with the temperature gauge in the hidden service menu where I watched it slowly climb from 85 degrees celsius until it hit 120, where I get the yellow overheating warning, and once it got to 125, I get the red message, luckly I was right out front my house and coasted back. The car is also running the engine fan really loud like a hot summer day. It was roughly 50-60 degrees today and I was only lightly driving. Do these all sound like symptoms of a failing water pump? This only started after I had the dead battery and steering lock problem. Is there a chance this is from the dead battery causing a false sensor to read incorrectly? I Just clicked over 155k and I think I'm on the original pump. Any insight would be great because I'm currently deeming my car undriveable.
Appreciate 0