United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Really?

I'm a huge Silva fan and this really pisses me off because he won that fight legitimately. He finished Sonnen in the 5th round with a submission so I don't understand how that justifies an immediate rematch in Sonnen's favour. If anything, if Silva lost the fight in the 1st round, by decision or whatever means he deserves a rematch. Silva doesn't have to prove anything, he's been the champ for years and defended his title time and time again.

Full credit to Sonnen bringing it to Silva but I hope Silva comes into this fight 100% with no injuries because we'll see him at his best. Hopefully he KO's Sonnen before he gets taken down but that might be asking too much.

I don't see the point in this rematch. I'm not saying it should never happen but I think there are others who deserve it more than Sonnen at the moment. Sonnen had his chance and he lost. End of story. He should wait in line again. If Silva wins again it does not prove anything. I think UFC is trying to squeeze every cent out of this fight.
Who cares who is in favor or when they fight, if Silva is a better fighter he will win again, if Sonnen is better he will prevail this time, what are you worried about? You act as tho Sonnen hasnt had to fight in over a year with no injuries and has trained for that year and Silva only had 4 months between last fight and this one. They both have the same amount of time to prepare for this fight.

The rematch is to prove who is a better fighter! That is it! Sonnen beat the ever living crap outa Silva, it wasnt even close, that is the only way to beat Silva; to smother him, if you give him reach he will pick you apart and ultimately either ko you or submit you. Silva is a master at showing his opponents weakness, that is what he does! Sonnen on the other hand is a non stop brutalizing machine who will catch you if yo blink!
GL to the better fighter - THAT NIGHT!