View Single Post
      03-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #1817
usafjay1976
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Cost for fix?

Hey all!

Please don't crucify me as this is my first post and it's 6:09AM. I didn't sleep well and decided to poke around on the net a bit.

I have this same ticking problem. I own a 2006 325i and I just hit 30k miles on it the other day. I've had it for at least 3 or 4 years. I took it to the dealership at one point and time and they told me they could not duplicate the problem but they heard of it before and it was no big deal. Of course, my car was under warranty then. It is now expired and the problem is still there. Like most other people, it doesn't happen all the time and it goes away after maybe 15-20 minutes, give or take. It is rare that it happens.

I want this fixed! My car is still in great shape and I've done some really nice mods to it (Remus dual exhaust, Dinan cold air intake, short shift kit, aluminum racing pedals, and more) and I'd like to hold on to it. It sounds GREAT with the exhaust and it definitely has some punch to it. But it's embarrassing to drive when she decides to tick like crazy.

So what's the cost damage here? I am kind of annoyed due to the fact that when the car was under warranty, they would always tell me they could not duplicate the problem but this seems have been an issue a long time ago, at least according to these forums. In my opinion, it should be fixed at no charge to the customer considering they do indeed know the problem/fix. But hey, what can I do?

Anyway, any suggestions would be more than greatly appreciated. Thanks and look forward to resolving this and I'll put up some pics soon. I'm waiting for my AC Schnitzer front spoiler to be put on. Should be done Tuesday.
Appreciate 0