Driving in the slow lane
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG335 View Post
So, wire brush and throttle body cleaner? It would have taken you a while to get it all cleaned up? What's the method to stop the cleaning fluid and dirt entering the chamber?

Looks like a very big difference
The tools I use were 1 can of SCA Throttle Body & Carby Cleaner from Supercheap, 2 gun barrel brushes, a syringe from Supercheap, an old tooth brush, a couple of small paint brushes, 3 pieces of wire with the ends flattened and bent at different angles, some hose and a vacuum cleaner. Working through the firing order 153624, I close the inlet valves. Then for each cylinder, I fill each valve chamber with the cleaner and leave it for 20mins or longer. In the meantime, I use the gun brushes and tooth brush to remove the carbon build up in the chamber. Then I use the syringe and hose to suck the cleaner out. Then I use the vacuum cleaner to suck up what remains. I use the wire and paint brushes to loosen the final bits around the valve with the use of some cleaner. You have to repeat this process a few times. Good ventilation is required as the fumes from the cleaner is fairly strong.
That seems very involved! But easier I guess as you are working with the engine out rather than contorting yourself to work with the engine in place.
Appreciate 0