04-17-2019, 07:52 AM   #76
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Yup exactly.

What you using as a daily whilst this is off the road, out of curiosity? Do you mean the rings part of the ABS assembly? I've had the fault codes randomly pop up too but on an engine restart, the fault clears. It's only ever happened like, 4 times over the last 3 years so not bothered too much. Is it an easy fix though?

Ah no way regarding the software. I've never tried any laptop specific software yet, just Carly on my phone.

The vac pump/loose head cover bolt is due to be fixed on the 16th then 17th i'm taking a trip to Birds for the LSD.

Yup, I am currently running xHP stage 3 and man, what a difference it has made! I think it I was more impressed with this than the ECU remap! The difference between D and S is immense. You cannot drive in S normally. You have to be "on it". Otherwise D is optimised enough to make smooth progress much better than stock. Honestly cannot recommend it enough. If you have an android phone and cable, it is worth taking the time to do it yourself rather than having a third party do it.
Wow that's great to know about the xHPFlash! I was going to buy stage 2 but now I'm considering stage 3 lol. And I haven't been able to drive anything in the mean time so lots of walking for 15 months (good for the weight loss I suppose)

Took the car for MOT yesterday then straight to Chemix for a 4 wheel alignment but either the arms, hub or sub frame is bent as the toe is way out and the toe is already at max. So it's back on an axle stand and I've got to grind the toe arm bolt off as the bolt pretty much welds itself to the toe Bush sleeve and acts as one so it's near impossible to knock through lol. Other than that the car drove great and I didn't notice any smoke driving so maybe the loo roll style filter in the breather is working well! I suppose I'll only know for sure when I get an oil and filter change and monitor from their. Lots of work to do so I've got till Thursday to replace all rear arms and hub and replace or fix the reluctor ring oh any my fuel economy was showing like 12MPG lmao.. ever since owning this car the best I've had is 22mpg but I'm certain the lambda sensor always had a fault so im assuming without that reading properly it defaults to running rich so im going to buy one of them if carly shows it still as a fault.
Appreciate 0