Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i 6spd

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Can't you get the AA tune for $400 if you go to an authorized re-seller? Or is it $500?

But yeah, I agree that $3-400 is much more reasonable than $600+ for a tune, especially for a car of this age. That said, I think the BPC tune is only $500 or less if you don't need to buy their cable/etc. to upload it. Of course, unless you're willing to drive to BPC, that doesn't help you one bit.

Tunes will always give way more bang for the buck on an F/I car as turning up the boost does way more for extra power than fine tuning things like ignition timing and AFR's. It's easy money. But I'm sure you already know that. And that's why APR became such a HUGE company, growing from the grassroots of Auburn University to the world wide leader in Audi/VW/Porsche tuning in less than one decade.

yes i agree fi cars have alot of aftermarket support so if you charge $600 for flash tune i bet it wont sell!! if AA tune really is $400 at a dealer, i will add it into my list of upgrades.

I was researching clutch upgrades for n52 and came across a CDV. Could this be the reason why the clutch slipped when i tried to launch in the powerband? I found a thread on here on how to delete it. seems simple!!

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29828

Last edited by gT-BMW; 08-05-2018 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: added link
Appreciate 0