View Single Post
      04-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-AZ-M4 View Post
In the Audi world, I’d say, “It’s an A7.” After driving them for 12 years, I don’t know even one code for them, other than is badged on the car.
Nevertheless, as mentioned by another poster above, Audi vehicles do have chassis/product codes just as BMW and Mercedes do. In fact, all manufacturers have them, but not all are widely known or used by owners and enthusiasts. With German vehicles, their use seems to be more popular than some other brands or makes, though that could just be my lack of familiarity.

Quote:
What am I missing?
Knowing which generation you have allows you to find information and discussion about the vehicle much easier. The manufacturers codes provide that and are short and sweet, so it’s easier than using terms like “1st generation”, or even “1st gen”. Plus, the codes often have meaning relative to one another. So an F32 is an F30 in Coupe form, even though it’s really the first generation 4 Series as compared to the 5th generation 3 Series. The familial link actually holds some potential information so using the inter-relatable codes has value.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00