Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseP View Post
That may be a reference to the fuel tank vent line that connects to somewhere around the throttle body assembly on the intake manifold. It has similar connection like the crank case breather line connectors. That is one other thing that needs to be disconnected if you want to remove the intake manifold completely.
The other page on the right at Bentley Manual talks about the fuel tank vent line but on the picture there on the other page they show wrong connector as fuel tank vent. Also just noticed Bentley Manual is saying to remove the fuel rail for intake manifold removal, absolutely not necessary.
I appreciate the input. I'm troubleshooting excessive pressure in the valve cover. It's pushing oil out of the gasket and valvetronic motor gasket. My P3 gauge shows vacuum at the manifold, but it seems like it's not getting vacuum to the valve cover to open the PCV valve. All the lines are clean and clear. OCC is clear. Thinking it's the valve, but wanted to troubleshoot everything but doing a valve cover.