View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #4
PhaseP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325XI

It maybe stupid question but are you sure it is pressure causing the oil come out of the valve cover gasket and VVT gasket? They are known to leak oil by themselves. If you try to open the engine oil fill cap does it relieve pressure from there, or slight vacuum? The PCV is known to stuck fully open and cause extreme vacuum on the crankcase causing air getting in from crankshaft seals and squealing sound. Opposite of what you are describing. In those cases with NA engine opening the oil fill cap is difficult due to a lot of vacuum.

From your signature you have a supercharger added. Without it, the only thing that can make "positive" pressure is the blow by gasses in the crankcase. Then the only suspect would be the crank case ventilation (PCV) valve being stuck closed. That is its duty, to vent the crank case pressure to the intake in a controlled way. The PCV on these cars are more likely to stuck open because of dirt, or ripped off and venting to atmosphere. To be stuck closed it must be really filled with dirt.

With the supercharger installed I am not sure how it would be all working. You would have positive pressure on the intake manifold side from the supercharger. Then my guess the crankcase would only ventilate when its pressure rises up same level as the intake manifold pressure from the supercharger. That would mean your crankcase pressure will be higher than an NA engine all the time. But the supercharger system you have might have some modifications to make it work as NA system. You mentioned oil catch can OCC too.

I don't know how you would see vacuum on the intake manifold with supercharger also, but again I am not familiar with superchargers. Maybe at idle or low rpms the supercharger doesn't provide much pressure and behaves like NA?
Appreciate 0