12-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
Cdutch513
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Im 90% sure that is excessive pressure. The oil was only leaking from the Valvetronic gasket to begin with. I removed and replaced it and used a bunch of RTV. Now the leak from there is negligible and its leaking around the vcg on the hot side.

I pulled the oil filler cap off after a drive today and it seemed to want to be pushed off. like there was some pressure in there. Wasn't anything crazy though. I do have a lot of oil vapor escaping from the oil filler cap when I take it off. Best way to describe it is a lit cigarette left alone. I also removed the line that would go to the intake manifold just now and oil vapor was funneling out the same way.

The best way to describe the new set up with the supercharger from the bottom picture is the valve cover line goes to the oil catch can then exits to the intake(non compressed) side of the supercharger. The bottom hose on the picture is now capped off.

The supercharger has been installed for around 60,000 miles and this wasn't an issue until I removed and reinstalled the valve cover when doing the eccentric shaft sensor. All new gaskets were used.

The supercharger only creates boost when under load. Most times driving I dont see any boost because I hardly get into those high load situations. Im not exactly sure how this works because the serpentine is always spinning, but I was told by numerous people that it does and the P3 gauge proves it.