jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Exclamation Huge News Guys!!

Hey guys, I have had some huge success the last 10 days working on this wheelset issue and some other things that have come up since I bought the XI CPO on 7/31. I just came from my current Northern Virginia (NOVA) dealer (BMW Fairfax, who is just AWESOME) and I am with my wife at dinner *haha* so I have to keep it brief for now.

In short, the guys in NJ made a HUGE booboo. My AWESOME NOVA dealer techs took one of the rear rims off for me and guess what?

It's an 8.5 inch rim with a 225 tire on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bunch of cuckoo birds these guys in NJ are! The NJ techs actually intentionally squeezed a pair of BRAND NEW 225 RFTs onto my rear 8.5 rims. Yes I know I should have noticed!

Here's the best part: the really cool BMW Fairfax tech looks right at me this afternoon and says while scratching his head:
"Umm we really don't know how they got that 225 on there...it's pretty odd and really overstretched on there..."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I am now working through a solution directly with the GM and we will be getting this (now simply a TIRE problem) SORTED OUT next week in VA at the NJ dealer's expense.

WANTED TO SAY -- HUGE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES AND PMS WITH SUGGESTIONS GUYS

Yosh
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403

Last edited by jdsboston; 09-05-2009 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0