View Single Post
      10-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #27
thompson134
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40D

Wow – thanks for all the comments and feedback everyone!

In response to a few of the comments, if I was to follow my heart and not my head I would rushing down to the dealers and purchasing a nearly new 335d. The X1 which I have tabled a good deal on is sitting at £30k with all the additional extras I am wanting but a look through the AUC yields a good number of 335d’s which are under a year old and less than 10k miles for 28.5k upwards – that £1.5k buys a lot of fuel, even at today’s prices.

If I have any concerns over the 335d it is whether or not I could live with the auto box – for years and years if anyone asked me what my dream car was (realistic one) it was always a 330d but finding a decent one under 1 year old with a manual gearbox is excruciating! My dealer has one in its group but its overpriced and comes with the Oyster Leather of which I am not a fan.

It is very good to know that the consensus is that the 335d would attain its combined mpg figure based on my daily drive although a 330d getting 50+ is going to take some serious consideration, I suppose the next step for me is going to have to get my dealer to organise for a 335d to be transported in for me to try as they have none available and drive it back to back against the manual 330d.
Appreciate 0