02-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #524
Karnidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
Angry

I have an interesting story. I bought a 2014 Z4 almost a year ago, April 2016. The car had 500 miles on it because it was some BMW executive's car. They sold it to me as a new car. When they sold it to me, they said since it was new it would come with free maintenance and the standard 4 yr/50k mile warranty. Today, I took it into the dealership to get the first maintenance. Oil change and break fluid. I asked them to confirm that it was all covered and explained it was sold to me as a new car. They looked it up and said the warranty expired because the in service date was January 2013. As you can imagine, I am not happy. I said I wanted to speak with the General Manager because they sold the car to me, less than a year ago, with the impression that I have free maintenance and plenty of warranty left. They never mentioned the in service date was January 2013 and that the warranty would expire in 9 months.

Which brings me to my question. I read on here that if you have an existing warranty, you can purchase a BMW extended warranty. However, since the dealership misled me, I did not know the warranty expired, last month. Can I still buy a BMW extended warranty or am I going to have to look at 3rd party warranties?

I'm so pissed off right now.