beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Thanks for this Beemerbird. I'll address my next letter to the customer services manager.

The irony is that the woman I spoke to today was supposed to have called me to help following my 'complaint', but she completely misunderstood the situation and ended up getting quite arsey with me on the phone.

Anyway ... they were delaying settling my rebate because they were trying to hunt down a bit of extra tax on interest. I've checked all my numbers and I'm pretty sure they owe me money on that too. Plus some more pension payment rebate. It's a nice feeling when that happens The more they try to 'extract' from me the more I'll look for things I can claim back.

The problem is that they won't let me self assess (I think because they always ended up owing me money) so I end up having to keep track of everything separately.

Always try and get the persons name, they should answer the phone by giving their name TBH. She should not get arsey with you either - that is out of order to put it mildly.

Defo. keep track of everything seperately because if you can tie them in knots, they will often just believe you rather than making the effort of ploughing through it all themselves. Depends on which officer deals with your tax return etc. My father was an Accountant by profession and he used to love catching the Revenue lot out, all legal of course
Appreciate 0