View Single Post
      06-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #27
ALL4_3SERIES
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328XI Sedan

U.S. Spec Car in Europe

Hello all! I am a newbie here and recently purchased a 2011 E90. My question is this I took delivery of my car in Europe as I am stationed here in the military. I assume my car had LL-01 from the factory, but I am not sure. I have about 1037 miles and would like to change the oil at 1200 miles (following Mike Miller's Old School Maintenance plan). So should I run a LL-04 oil for now (I move back to the states in six months), then change the oil again to meet the LL-01 standard while I am in the states or can I keep the LL-04? I have heard these standards are due to high sulfur content in the gasoline in the states, and a low sulfur gasoline in Europe. If my car in fact had LL-01 in the car from the get go, did I harm the car by keeping that oil in there for the break in period using European gasoline? I honestly didn't have the choice to change it, as the Germans are sticklers on wasting oil products. They didn't even want to change my oil at 1200 miles, but they finally agreed to make the appointment. Sorry lots of questions, but I love this car and want to take good care of it. Help anyone?
Appreciate 0