View Single Post
      04-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
GoHokiesGo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

It's going to vary a lot by car based on how it was maintained, stored, why the mileage is so low, etc. At such a low mileage that car is averaging ~2400 miles/yr, so whats the reason for it being so low? Weekend car, short commute, or did it sit for a long time? If it sat for a long time in storage, are there leaks from seals drying out? If it was a short commute, did the car have enough time to warm up to ideal operating temperatures? Best recommendation would be to get a good BMW PPI or have a respected Indy shop give the car an inspection.

My car has been the opposite of SE7EN335's experience - '07 335i e92 bought last summer with only 38k miles. The last owner had a very short commute to work, but had awesome service records and it was extremely clean. I haven't had to address anything yet, outside of an oil change, and have put around 10k miles on it since July; my shop said they went through all of the usual trouble spots on mine and found no issues yet, so (knock on wood) mine has been very reliable.

JP Photography - Travel/Landscape/Automotive Photography
Appreciate 1